We hope that you all had an enjoyable Christmas and New Year and were able to spend some time with family.
Following the latest news that Northumberland has been moved into Tier 4 we wanted to update you regarding how these restrictions impact the marina now that we have had a chance to consider the rules.
Tier 4 (Stay at Home)
• The marina can remain open.
• The chandlery and office are now closed to customers.
• Boatyard operations can continue.
• Brokerage services can be provided virtually.
• The toilets will remain open but the shower facilities will be closed.
• Contractors are permitted to work on customers boats but please contact us in advance with their details.
• We are closed to visiting boats.
• Overnight stays are not permitted.
• Exercise outdoors is permitted but should be done as locally as possible.
• Exercise outdoors should only be done alone, or in a public outdoor place with your household, or one other person (socially distanced).
• Sailing is a permitted form of exercise.
• You may visit your boat for exercise but not to carry out maintenance.
• You must not travel into or out of a Tier 4 area.
Whilst sailing is a permitted form of exercise Government advice is not to visit the marina during this Tier 4 “Stay at Home” period if at all possible. If you do decide to visit us please consider the associated risks very carefully. Please note, your security key is essential to open the main gates.
We are working on site to look after your boat and provide safety and security. Thank you for following all of the guidelines currently in place to keep the marina Covid free – if you do visit the site please continue to keep your distance and wear a mask when talking to staff.
Once again, we would like to take this opportunity to thank you all for your continued diligence when on site and to thank all of our staff for their hard work and commitment during this difficult time. Let us hope that with the roll out of the vaccine we will soon be able to get back on to the water safely and have an enjoyable sailing season in 2021.