Delivering excellent customer service and high quality facilities so you can enjoy sailing the spectacular Northumberland coast
Amble Marina was officially opened on Tuesday 16th June 1987 and since then has provided a warm welcome to all. The warm and welcoming atmosphere has not changed but the marina has transformed over the last three decades and now provides facilities and infrastructure unparalleled on our stretch of coastline.
The last 17 years have seen various developments and improvements completed to meet market and customer demand. These developments include:
- new electrics, decking and fingers
- dredging completed in 2009 and 2016
- new showers
- new gates, entrance barriers and updated CCTV to improve the security of the site
- improved WiFi service
- the purchase of the freehold to the site from Northumberland Estates in 2015
- the construction of a new dock and boat hoist in 2017
- the roll out of ancillary boat yard services in 2018
- the installation of our Wise Hoist Crane in 2019
Despite the substantial impact of the pandemic we have continued to make significant updates including up grading the drinking water across the entire site to comply with new regulations from Northumbria Water; re-decking the pontoons; and the installation of a new diesel pump.
In addition, following feedback received through our Customer Satisfaction Survey popular berth holder social events have been held annually for a number of years.
We value and act on customer feedback and strive to continuously improve our facilities and services to meet the needs of our customers.
Further improvements and developments are planned and we will work hard to deliver these in order to ensure we remain the destination of choice for sailors on the Northumberland coast.